Friday, January 27, 2012

The Never-Ending Battle


So for all of January, I have tracked all of my calorie intake and all of my calories burned through exercise. (Using an iPhone app called MyFitnessTracker: I highly recommend it.) I've lost 4 pounds (all of which I put on over the holidays) but more importantly, I can say one thing with absolute certainty: I do NOT lose weight unless I exercise. Even on a 1,200 calorie diet.

Maybe I still don't eat the right things, even counting calories, but I find that hard to believe.

It's been difficult to work out for the last month--I've been working 60 hour weeks, plus studying for my next CPA exam. Work got back to normal this week, and my exam is Monday, so maybe next week I can get back to the gym as often as I'd like.

Here's hoping!

Edit: I have lost half an inch off of my waist. That's something, right? Bah. Optimism is hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment