Thursday, January 19, 2012

Shortcut Woes

I'm in love with Pinterest. I wouldn't say it's for everyone; it's definitely female-dominated, but if you're the type of person who enjoys creativity in any form (fine arts, cooking, home decor, fashion, you name it) then you should be on this website. I am constantly finding new ideas to incorporate into my life and I constantly feel inspired to try something new!

However, as with any form of social media, you also get exposed to the less savory form of creativity: stupidity. But usually it's laughable.

Today, I came across something that just made me hang my head in shame. I love to bake. If you know me at all, you know that. And always from scratch. Nothing says love like a homemade baked good. Box mixes are for those without the time, desire, or perhaps talent to make from scratch. And that's fine. But today, I saw something I wish I could un-see. LAZY! Pure lazy. If you can't take the time to mix 3 ingredients and box mix then you shouldn't be baking.

...Okay maybe you could make some really interesting flavor combinations...

......What an amazing potential tribute to Dublin Dr. Pepper......

DAMMIT! I might have to try this now. Pinterest wins again.

No comments:

Post a Comment